The ancient Greek philosopher, Aristotle, created the word “eudaimonia” from the root word “daimon” – which means “power” or “true nature” or “spirit” – and “eu,” which means “good.” Dr. Donna Dannenfelser founded Eudaimonia® Psychology to share the additional methods and tools she created, which further enable people to live a joyful life – despite their circumstances. Through the practice of Eudaimonia® Psychology principles, you’ll be able to decide how you want to respond to life’s challenges and thrive as a result.
What is Eudaimonia®?
My Eudaimonia® Story
I have been a psychotherapist in private practice since 2014. I was looking for a certification and training program from which I could integrate and further develop my professional skills, energize my practice, and improve client outcome and satisfaction. Since implementing the methods of Eudaimonia in my practice, I have watched my clients move from feeling overwhelmed with fear, anxiety, and no sense of direction; to achieving an overall state of well-being. They feel calm and connected to themselves in a shorter amount of time than traditional therapy. This integrated approach allows for my clients to move through what is blocking them from achieving the life they wish for and develop the tools and mindset to create the life they desire. Dr. Donna has provided excellent course material and has an extensive level of expertise that she professionally shares with dedication to her trainees. I highly recommend the Eudaimonia Certification Program to all those licensed and certified mental health clinicians interested in adding tools to their mental health toolbox.
Living in a State of Eudaimonia® Means
- Taking 100% responsibility for your life
- Knowing that everything happens for you, not to you.
- Understanding there are no mistakes in life, only choices and consequences.
- Obstacles are nothing more than steppingstone.
- You live by intention rather than reaction.
- There are no rules except for the ones you place upon yourself.
- Letting go of all that is negative.
- Changing your thoughts will change your life.
- You are never too old to accomplish your dreams.
- You can accomplish anything when you stand in your power.
- You are perfectly imperfect as God doesn’t make junk!
-Dr. Donna Dannenfelser