Licensed Professional Counselor, JD, MS, NCC, LPC
Hi, I am Brandy Unger. I am a native Texan that took a short detour through Louisiana before making Austin my permanent home. I hold a Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health and Juris Doctorate degree. I am a National Board-Certified Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas and Louisiana and Eudaimonia Clinician. Prior to opening my practice in Austin, I worked in private practice in Louisiana with a focus on forensic psychology and as a Capital Mitigation Specialist in death penalty cases.
With unique dual professional degrees and licensure, I have specialized experience and training helping individuals, couples and families through major life changes, trauma, vicarious trauma, grief, loss, anxiety, and depression. My goal is to promote wellness – a positive, healthy balance encompassing all areas of life. People naturally strive towards growth, and my role is to support you in this. Let’s work together to build a life that feels more balanced, meaningful, and fulfilling.
- Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors- Licensed Professional Counselor # 79887
- National Board of Certified Counselors- Board Certified Counselor # 349061
- State of Louisiana Licensed Professional Counselors Board of Examiners- Licensed Professional Counselor #6345
- Eudaimonia Psychology- Eudaimonia Clinician # EC-220004
- Master of Science, Clinical Mental Health Counseling (2014) – Loyola University-NO, New Orleans, LA (CACREP Accredited)
- Juris Doctor, Law (2009)- Texas Southern University, Houston, TX
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, Forensic Psychology- minor (2005), Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Texas Counseling Association
- Capital of Texas Counseling Association
- Texas Mental Health Counselors Association
- Louisiana Counseling Association (LCA)